Plan NOW for the Holidays! Starting NOW Makes Sense!
- Created on Thursday, 12 October 2017 06:12
- Last Updated on Thursday, 12 October 2017 06:12
- Written by Jemine
- Hits: 124
Haven't given it much thought yet? Well, the holidays will be here before you know it! Once November 1st hits, the stores put up all their Christmas decor! Having a plan NOW seems to make everything a lot easier and it makes the actual Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza season a whole lot less stressful. Especially when it comes to corporate as well as personal gifting. Here is what to do:
1. Know who you are buying gifts for. Some people only shop for close family and friends. Other people put together Christmas presents for their clients, co-workers, the postal worker, the dog walker, hairdresser, plumber, poker buddies, kid's teacher, and more. Decide on what you are comfortable with.
2. Set a Budget. Keep a general idea of how much you will spend on each person. For instance, you will likely spend more money on your immediate family than on a co-worker.
3. Decide on what sort of gift matches each person on your list. What do they like? Movies, books, games? Have a rough idea of what presents would please the people on your list. brainstorm ideas. Write the ideas down on your list. Listen to the person or other people for ideas, and write them down too. Keep this list in an easy-to-carry form, like tucked away in your wallet or checkbook for quick reference.
4. Put off procrastinating. Many people end up shopping last-minute because they put off the inevitable. Instead, make a plan with solid goals, dates, and timelines.For instance, shopping will be done by December 20th. Put aside two evenings, twice a week for 2 weeks to accomplish this task. Leave some wiggle-room in case something comes up, but don't keep making excuses. It can help to have someone who is good about shopping to keep you on track